People Who Think, a Mandeville, Louisiana based Advertising Agency, is seeking an in-office Accounting Specialist to join our team. Experience in processing accounts payable and accounts receivable is required. Candidates must have very strong organizational skills, be detail-oriented and good at multi-tasking. We are looking for someone who is excited about joining our team and, most importantly, is a pleasure to work with.
Accounting Specialist Responsibilities Include:
- Assists Director and Senior Media Buyer in planning, placement, monitoring, optimizing, auditing and performance recaps.
- Process and maintain all accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Process all incoming payments by check and EFT.
- Receive, process, and reconcile credit cards and bank statements.
- Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting procedures.
- Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
- Speak with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner.
- Handle collections on delinquent accounts.
- Inventory and purchase general office supplies.
- Oversee maintenance of general office equipment.
- Assist with other administrative tasks when needed.
Accounting Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degrees in Communications/Media, Marketing or a related field.
- At least two years of experience processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Must have experience with Workamajig Agency Management Software or willingness to learn it fluently
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or Numbers
- Experience in accounting is preferred
- Previous experience working for an Advertising Agency or in a Marketing Environment is preferred
Required Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Superb organizational skills.
- Strives for accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills, especially with coworkers. Must be able to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Self-motivated and success-driven.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. People Who Think provides a benefit package including flexible work hours, medical, dental and vision insurance, a 4% match 401K program, paid time off (PTO) and continuing education opportunities.
This is a full-time position based in Mandeville, Louisiana. No Telecommuting.
For those interested in the position and who meet the requirements outlined, please email your resume to email@example.com