Assistant Video Editor
People Who Think, LLC is seeking an assistant video editor / equipment manager to join our in-house video team, Cadence Post. The assistant video editor / equipment manager will play a key role in producing a wide variety of live action and motion graphic video content for broadcast, social and digital use along with overseeing and managing equipment inventory and rentals. We are looking for a candidate that loves what they do, is excited about joining a growing team and, most importantly, is a pleasure to work with.
- Organize, convert, sync, log, trim and otherwise prep footage for editors.
- Create string outs and assemblies based on scripts, storyboards or guidance from supervising editors or the creative director.
- Preform initial color correction passes and preliminary sound sweetening.
- Prep existing cuts for review on site and through the collaborative review platform, Wipster.
- Conform edits for VFX, color and sound.
- Facilitate VFX pulls and plate preparation for VFX pipeline.
- Set up and maintain editorial bays and playback systems.
- Provide graphics support utilizing Adobe After Effects and Creative Suite.
- Archive and maintain LTO tape database. Facilitate archiving and retrieval of data for projects.
- Help maintain a shared media storage and asset management environment.
- Recognize, troubleshoot and solve technical problems independently.
- Maintain proper file structure and approach allowing for future edits/adaptations.
- Assist with the production of video content by our in-house production team.
- Oversee equipment inventory.
- Ensure all current and new equipment is inventoried properly and maintained in our inventory system.
- Facilitate equipment rentals for internal and external use.
- Own any other duties/responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Seasonal long hours and travel may be required.
- 3+ years of editing experience at an agency, studio, network or post production facility.
- Comfortable using Adobe Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve.
- Knowledge of codecs, image types, file formats, resolutions and frame rates.
- Proficient with Windows and Mac computers and media management.
- An on-trend aesthetic, technical skill and knowledge of current media trends and post-production technology.
- A team player.
- Work well under tight deadlines.
- An eye for detail along with a focus on consistency and technical accuracy.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Able to juggle competing priorities and changing expectations.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, handle uncertainty, ambiguity and quickly evolving goals.
People Who Think provides a benefit package including, medical and dental insurance, a 4% match 401K program, paid time off and continuing education opportunities. Oh, and we’re dog-friendly, too.
Salary will be determined based on experience.
A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to make materials of varying styles is required to be considered for this position.
Please email your resume along with a link to your portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an in office, full-time position based in Mandeville, Louisiana.
Applications that do not meet the qualifications as outlined or do not include a link to a portfolio will not be considered for this position.