Jr. Video Editor
People Who Think, LLC is seeking a junior video editor to join our in-house video team, Cadence Post. The junior video editor will play a key role in producing a wide variety of live action and motion graphic video content for broadcast, social and digital use. In addition, the junior video editor will work alongside senior video production personnel in the development and production of video content. We are looking for a candidate that loves what they do, is excited about joining a growing team and, most importantly, is a pleasure to work with.
- Edit footage according to scripts, storyboards or guidance from supervising editors or the creative director.
- Create string outs and assemblies based on scripts, storyboards or guidance from supervising editors or the creative director.
- Perform initial color correction passes and preliminary sound sweetening.
- Address all agency and/or client changes throughout the approval process using Wipster, a collaborative review platform.
- Conform edits for VFX, color and sound.
- Deliver final product to the required specifications.
- Animation of 2D motion graphics with images, text or other elements dependent on a project’s requirements.
- Typesetting/layout of text for motion graphics, title cards, etc.
- Help maintain a shared media storage and asset management environment.
- Maintain proper file structure and approach allowing for future edits/adaptations.
- Archive and maintain LTO tape database. Facilitate archiving and retrieval of data for projects.
- Recognize, troubleshoot and solve technical problems independently.
- Assist with the production of video content by our in-house production team.
- Own any other duties/responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Seasonal long hours and travel may be required
- 4+ years of editing experience at an agency, studio, network or post production facility.
- Competence and understanding of post-production processes, including, editing, color grading, compositing and encoding/compression, among others.
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition).
- Proficient using Davinci Resolve Studio.
- Extensive knowledge of codecs, image types, file formats, resolutions and frame rates.
- A team player.
- Work well under tight deadlines.
- An on-trend aesthetic, technical skill and knowledge of current media trends and post-production technology.
- Proficient with Window and Mac computers and media management.
- An eye for detail along with a focus on consistency and technical accuracy.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Able to juggle competing priorities and changing expectations.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, handle uncertainty, ambiguity and quickly evolving goals.
People Who Think provides a benefit package including, medical and dental insurance, a 4% match 401K program, paid time off and continuing education opportunities. Oh, and we’re dog-friendly, too.
Salary will be determined based on experience.
A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to make materials of varying styles is required to be considered for this position.
Please email your resume along with a link to your portfolio of your work to email@example.com. This is an in office, full-time position based in Mandeville, Louisiana.
Applications that do not meet the qualifications as outlined or do not include a link to a portfolio will not be considered for this position.