Seeking a video editor to join our team. The video editor will play a key role in producing a wide variety of live action and motion graphic video content for broadcast, social and digital use. In addition, the video editor will work alongside senior video production personnel in the development and production of video content. We are looking for a candidate that loves what they do, is excited about joining a growing team and, most importantly, is a pleasure to work with.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Handle project completion from finished script to final product.
- Edit footage according to tight scripts, storyboards or loose production guidelines.
- Address all agency and/or client changes throughout the approval process.
- Deliver final product to the required specifications.
- Animation of 2D motion graphics with images, text or other elements dependent on a project’s requirements.
- Typesetting/layout of text for motion graphics, title cards, etc.
- Maintain all editing equipment, troubleshoot problems and actively facilitate repairs.
- Maintain proper file structure and approach allowing for future edits/adaptations.
- Archive project data/assets using LTO Tape system as necessary.
- Assist with the production of video content by our in-house production team.
- Own any other duties/responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Long hours and travel may be required.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with video editing and proven storytelling ability.
- Competence and understanding of post-production processes, including, editing, color grading, compositing and encoding/compression, among others.
- Proficient with Mac computers and media management.
- Comfortable using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expert level experience with Premiere Pro.
- Moderate to Expert level experience with After Effects and Photoshop.
- Moderate level experience with Illustrator.
- An on-trend aesthetic, technical skill, and knowledge of current media trends.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- An eye for detail along with a focus on consistency and technical accuracy.
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, handle uncertainty, ambiguity and quickly evolving goals.
Preferred Candidates Will Have:
- Expert level experience in After Effects and Photoshop
- Experience with Adobe Audition, Protools or equivalent DAW including sound design for film and commercials.
- Experience with VFX tasks including rotoscoping, motion tracking, cleanup, compositing and green screen compositing, among others.
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve including color grading, one-lights, dailies generation, etc.
- Experience with Cinema 4D including 3D animation skills with text and/or character animation.
Why You Should Work With Us:
Salary will be determined based on experience. People Who Think provides a benefit package including flexible work hours, medical and dental insurance, a 4% match 401K program, paid vacation, sick leave and continuing education opportunities. Oh, and we’re dog-friendly, too.
A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to make materials of varying styles is required to be considered for this position.
Please email your resume along with a link to your portfolio of your work to email@example.com. This is a full-time position based in Mandeville, Louisiana. No Telecommuting.