Experienced, detail-oriented, self-starter sought for the position of Sales Manager at a full-service advertising agency. Eligible candidates must have strong strategy, writing and analytical skills.
The main function of this position is to meet the agency’s new business revenue growth through acquisition of qualified leads and to support new business efforts through the generation of both inbound and outbound tactics as well as proposal development. The position will be solely responsible for maximizing the agency’s inbound new business and part of a team for outbound new business.
- Set overall sales objectives for the agency’s corporate and food and beverage divisions.
- Design and implement a strategic new business growth plan that strengthens the agency’s profile and ensures the agency has a strong competitive presence.
- Growth plan to include the development and management of a coordinated, multi-tiered marketing effort for each division consisting of both inbound and outbound tactics.
- Craft and execute inbound sales tactics that increases awareness and generate qualified leads for each division.
- Regularly monitor the performance of all inbound and outbound sales initiatives, recommend changes and enhancements to optimize those initiatives and ensure approved enhancements and optimizations are executed.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts and staying abreast of new product/service opportunities and competitive status.
- Identify and recommend memberships, subscriptions, attendance and other opportunities the agency should pursue to maximize opportunities to cultivate relationships with qualified new business prospects.
- Manage all logistical aspects of RFP and new business pitching to ensure the agency’s new business efforts are coordinated and agency resources are being maximized.
- Be the lead author for all new business proposals and responses to RFPs/RFQs.
- Manage the content for each division’s website, blog and social profiles.
- Ensure the agency is included in relevant directories.
- Communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the agency.
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager with proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Business acumen and industry experience.Strong sense of urgency.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills.
- Able to achieve results with minimal supervision.