Digital Media Buyer
Detail-oriented, organized, self-starter sought for the position of Digital Media Buyer at a full-service advertising agency. Eligible candidates must have knowledge of digital media channels such as Paid Search, Online Display, Video and Social. This role will interface with vendors and internal team members, helping to plan and negotiate media campaigns as well as manage performance and optimization recommendations. Must be capable of working well under time constraints and prioritizing workload.
- Media buying across display, video, search and social channels.
- Collaborates with media planners and supervisors for strategy and plan development. This may include: participating in team brainstorm sessions to understand campaign goals, objectives and measures of success; monitoring trends, tools, opportunities and applications in paid digital media environments, and appropriately apply that knowledge; collaborating on media-specific documents such as RFPs, media plans, objectives and strategies decks, and other related functions.
- Agency and vendor management across multiple channels including reaching out to partners for proposals, confirming proposal approvals, managing insertion orders and asset timelines.
- Maintains digital records of all online advertising and marketing contracts for assigned clients.
- Builds a network of online media contacts to utilize as information and research resources for the agency and its clients.
- Leads consistent negotiations with vendors to get best price point for clients.
- Collaborates with planner and supervisor on ongoing optimizations with vendors on a weekly basis.
- Collaborates with planner and supervisor on rotations/creative strategy.
- Collaborates with planner and supervisor on destination URLs and required tracking parameters.
- Executes Quality Assurance (QA) of tracking functionality and creative units to identify and solve any issues.
- Assists with campaign post launch information such as screenshots, links and placement information to demonstrate proof of placement for clients.
- Opens jobs within project management tool and handles pre-billing efforts, creating and tracking insertion orders, creative specifications development and traffic sheets/creative assignment as necessary.
- Reserves advertising space with vendors and ensures accuracy of plan details and confirmation of delivery.
- Maintains plan records, contact lists, spec documents and traffic instruction sheets.
- Manages day-to-day communication with key partners: vendors, creative team, account leaders, etc.
- Audits campaign post launch and works with planner, supervisor and account leadership team on budget discrepancies.
- 2+ years digital media or digital marketing experience (Agency experience is preferred).
- Experience buying digital media.
- Experience in Facebook Power Editor and Ads Manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as presentation skills.
- Advanced computer knowledge (Excel, Keynote, Pages).
- Effective time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize proactively, and ability to produce high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solver with the ability to develop creative solutions.
- Organized and detail-oriented; works with a sense of urgency.
- Nimble and flexible to succeed in a fast-paced environment and handle ad hoc requests.
- Strong team player who is solution-oriented with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Keen understanding of the evolving digital landscape and how digital fits into the overall marketing mix.
- Google AdWords certification is a plus.
- Experience with programmatic buys and ad serving tools is a plus.
- Experience with analytic and reporting tools is a plus – Google Analytics, Tableau, Adobe Analytics.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Those who do not meet these requirements need not apply.