Motion Designer and Editor
People Who Think, LLC is seeking a Motion Designer and Editor to join our post production division, Cadence Post. The Motion Designer and Editor will play a key role in producing a wide variety of motion graphic video and live action content for broadcast, social and digital use. In addition, the Motion Designer and Editor will work alongside senior video production personnel in the development and production of video content. We are looking for a candidate that loves what they do, is excited about joining a growing team and, most importantly, is a pleasure to work with.
- Handle project completion from finished script to final product.
- Create motion graphics and edit content ranging from motion graphics-driven pieces to footage-based edits in a variety of genres, visual styles and budgets for delivery to a number of platforms (Social media, broadcast, GIF, etc).
- If required, support and/or collaborate with additional editors, designers, or animators to create work. Examples include: Stock music/footage searches, project prep and organization, collaborative project workflows
- Edit footage according to scripts, storyboards or guidance from supervising editors or the creative director.
- Address all agency and/or client changes throughout the approval process using Wipster, a collaborative review platform.
- Recognize, troubleshoot and solve technical problems independently.
- Assist with the production of video content by our in-house production team.
- Own any other duties/responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Seasonal long hours and travel may be required.
- 3-5 years related work experience creating and developing motion graphics.
- Strong design portfolio highlighting motion, layout, illustration and typography.
- Ability to collaborate with other designers, 3d animators and developers on complex projects.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- 3D software experience a plus (Blender, Maya, Cinema 4D)
- An on-trend aesthetic, technical skill and knowledge of current media trends.
- An eye for detail along with a focus on consistency and technical accuracy.
- Ability to translate conceptual ideas into creative solutions.
- Desire to stay abreast of industry trends, new practices, and design/production tools.
- A team player.
- Work well under tight deadlines.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Able to juggle competing priorities and changing expectations.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, handle uncertainty, ambiguity and quickly evolving goals.
- Each applicant must submit a portfolio link. Did you include a link to your portfolio?
- Do you have 3-5 years or work experience creating and developing motion graphics?
People Who Think provides a benefit package including, medical and dental insurance, a 4% match 401K program, paid time off and continuing education opportunities. Oh, and we’re dog-friendly, too.
Salary will be determined based on experience. Salary Range $55k – $70k (Determined based on experience.)
This is an in office, full-time position based in Mandeville, Louisiana with some remote flexibility.
A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to make materials of varying styles is required to be considered for this position.
Applications that do not meet the qualifications as outlined or do not include a link to a portfolio will not be considered for this position.
Please email your resume along with a link to your portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org