Senior Finance Manager
Finance Manager or Chief Accounting Officer
Our agency is a fun work environment where there is never a dull day. We’re passionate team producing award winning work in multiple business verticals. That worked is produced by multiple distinct business divisions with significantly varying job types. We are looking for an experienced Financial Manager, or Senior Comptroller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of execution and advancement of control policies and procedures. This role will report to our agency partners – one of which serves as CFO. The position will manage our existing accounting support team which included dedicated and split-responsibility personnel. We use one of the nations top advertising agency accounting and job management software programs.
The position requires a forward-thinking, proactive team player who can multitask and communicate efficiently verbally and in writing. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and be a proven performer, demonstrate a passion for excellence and possess attention to detail.
Your strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency as a financial controller will aid our organization in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth, formulating sound financial strategies, implementing proper internal controls, achieving organizational targets, oversee client invoicing and vendor payment processes and assist in developing financial plans that support organizational strategy.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills. The noteworthy financial controller should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances to Agency Partners and leadership team
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
Salary Range: 65k – 125k
People Who Think provides a benefit package including, medical and dental insurance, a 4% match 401K program, paid time off and continuing education opportunities. Oh, and we’re dog-friendly, too. Salary will be determined based on experience. This is an in-office, full-time position based in Mandeville, Louisiana headquarters with some remote flexibility.
Applications that do not meet the qualifications as outlined will not be considered for this position.
Please email your resume to email@example.com