People Who Think, LLC is seeking a video editor to join our in-house video team, Cadence Post. The video editor will play a key role in producing a wide variety of live action and motion graphic video content for broadcast, social and digital use. In addition, the video editor will work alongside senior video production personnel in the development and production of video content. We are looking for a candidate that loves what they do, is excited about joining a growing team and, most importantly, is a pleasure to work with.
- Handle project completion from finished script to final product.
- Edit footage according to scripts, storyboards or guidance from supervising editors or the creative director.
- Create assemblies based on scripts, storyboards or guidance from supervising editors or the creative director.
- Perform color correction passes and sound sweetening.
- Address all agency and/or client changes throughout the approval process using Wipster, a collaborative review platform.
- Deliver final product to the required specifications.
- Animation of 2D motion graphics with images, text or other elements dependent on a project’s requirements.
- Typesetting/layout of text for motion graphics, title cards, etc.
- Maintain all editing equipment, troubleshoot problems and actively facilitate repairs.
- Recognize, troubleshoot and solve technical problems independently.
- Help maintain a shared media storage and asset management environment.
- Maintain proper file structure and approach allowing for future edits/adaptations.
- Assist with the production of video content by our in-house production team.
- Own any other duties/responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Seasonal long hours and travel may be required.
- 5+ years of editing experience at an agency, studio, network or post production facility with a demonstrated experience of video editing and proven storytelling ability.
- Competence and understanding of post-production processes, including, editing, color grading, compositing and encoding/compression, among others.
- Proficient with Window and Mac computers and media management.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition).
- Extensive knowledge of using Davinci Resolve Studio.
- An on-trend aesthetic, technical skill and knowledge of current media trends.
- An eye for detail along with a focus on consistency and technical accuracy.
- A team player. • Work well under tight deadlines.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Able to juggle competing priorities and changing expectations.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, handle uncertainty, ambiguity and quickly evolving goals.
People Who Think provides a benefit package including, medical and dental insurance, a 4% match 401K program, paid time off and continuing education opportunities. Oh, and we’re dog-friendly, too.
Salary will be determined based on experience.
A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to make materials of varying styles is required to be considered for this position.
Please email your resume along with a link to your portfolio of your work to email@example.com. This is an in office, full-time position based in Mandeville, Louisiana.
Applications that do not meet the qualifications as outlined or do not include a link to a portfolio will not be considered for this position.