Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Greater New Orleans Area, People Who Think, LLC is a full-service advertising agency seeking to hire a seasoned Web Developer to support the development of diverse web applications for clients and the agency. In addition, the position works closely with other team members to understand how to best formulate web solutions to promote client goals, meet specific online objectives and create engaging, user-friendly experiences across different platforms, browsers and devices.
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance systems based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Partner with internal teams to brainstorm innovations and problem-solve.
- Collaborate on UX/UI and design throughout the entire process, offering insights and setting development expectations.
- Interpret client needs and project specifications, identifying website user requirements–both technical and functional. Write technical requirement documentation for internal and external use.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of each–CMS comparison, custom build vs. template purchase, etc.
- Create API integrations with third-party legal software systems
- Create cost estimates based on tech specs and scope of work.
- Evaluate code to ensure it meets W3C and client’s standards.
- Ensure all new sites are optimized for search upon launch and update hosted sites quarterly to ensure continued optimization.
- Ensure quality assurance via internal and external testing. Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating systems.
- Support the management and maintenance of multiple websites, including updating WordPress core files, themes, and plugins; adding or updating email addresses; and troubleshooting hosting and domain issues.
- Proactively identify problems, research solutions and collaborate with the team to devise plans to solve site-based issues.
- Proactively maintain an understanding of the latest web applications and programming practices through continuing education, participation in conferences, workshops and webinars.
- Instinctively motivated critical thinker with a voracious appetite for continued learning and a healthy dose of curiosity
- A minimum of 5 years development experience
- Proficient in WordPress custom theme and plugin development
- Experience with payment processing platforms such as Paypal and Stripe
- Experience with setting up custom tags in Google Tag Manager
- Experience setting up GA4 and tracking events
- SEO fluent
- Familiarity with Expression Engine and other CMS platforms
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations and solutions to a non-technical audience
- Communicate effectively and proactively with clients and internal team members
- United States citizen
- Ad agency experience a plus
People Who Think provides a benefit package including, medical, dental and vision insurance, a 4% match 401K program, paid time off and continuing education opportunities. Compensation commensurate with experience. Determination of whether position is 100% remote or partially remote dependant upon applicant’s match for the position.
Applications that do not meet the requirements as outlined will not be considered for this position.
Please email your resume, cover letter and full details of at least two development projects with active links to firstname.lastname@example.org